Crossway recently release their ESV Bible + for the OS4. The introductory cost is $9.99. Is it worth it?
First, you should know that Crossway has a free version of the ESV called the ESV Bible (with no “+”). If you do not have the money to spring for the ESV Bible +, you should definitely get the ESV Bible.
If you have the money though, I think it is well worth it. The interface is very elegant, probably the best of any Bible app that I have seen.
Over and above what you get on the ESV Bible, the ESV Bible + has the following features:
- All of the ESV Study Bible notes and resources
- ESV audio with text scrolling
- An index of Study Bible Articles
- Snap-Back feature for returning to previous screen
- New My Notes interface, which will sync with your ESV Online account in the coming months
These features make it a no brainer . . . the ESV Study notes, audio with scrolling, and coming integration with ESV Online.
The price will be going up to $12.99 very soon, so get it now!
Go to the ESV Bible Blog for more information.